+30 2310870670or at email@example.com
Show on map
The Monastery of St. Anastasia in the tradition founded by Empress Theophano, 888 AD. However, there is no historical evidence for the existence of the monastery during the Byzantine period. In 1522 Saint gods entourage, coming from Mount Athos, founded the present monastery, in place of old "sesathromenou small monasteries." The monastery belongs to a three-aisled basilica with dome and dates back after the renovation of 1830. The south and west wing are part of the office buildings of the 16th century. There was a significant contribution of the monastery in the Revolution of 1821, when it was burnt down by the Ottomans. The renovation began, along with that of the Catholic, around 1830.